POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Announce: SkyPOV 0.1 : Re: color definition (Re: Announce: SkyPOV 0.1) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:15:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: color definition (Re: Announce: SkyPOV 0.1)
From: Peter Popov
Date: 13 Nov 2000 03:34:18
Message: <kn8v0tkg6h7ddc5j1q81ehvclvanuq06v1@4ax.com>
On Fri, 10 Nov 2000 17:25:04 -0500, Chris Huff <chr### [at] maccom>
wrote:

>How about this: when you specify a color in a pigment or something, it
>is converted to rgb for internal use, but color variables store the
>color space as well as the components.

This seems overkill.

<snip>

I think it should be enough if colors are kept the way they are and
there are introduced parser functions to convert a 3D vector to and
from hsb and rgb. This will keep backwards compatibility and will
offer the user more power. I am not sure how useful this will be,
though, as everything here mentioned can be done with simple macros.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet